Adopting an animal from the Chenango SPCA is normally a very easy process.
- Submit an application online or at the shelter.
- View our animals either by visiting our website or by visiting the CSPCA during normal business hours.
- Visit with our available animals and choose which animal would make the best addition to your family. The pet will then be put on hold for 48 CSPCA business hours. This gives the CSPCA staff time to process your application.
- Adoption applications are normally processed within 1-2 CSPCA business days. Be sure to completely fill out the application and let your references/landlord/veterinary know the CSPCA will be contacting them regarding your adoption application.
If an adopter already has a dog(s) in their home, a meet & greet needs to be completed before the adoption is finalized. All people living at the same residents as the adopter also need to come in and meet the dog the adopter is interested in.
- Once approved, the CSPCA will set up an adoption appointment with our CSR. Any spay/neutered appointments will be made by the CSPCA staff after the adoption process has been completed.
All animals must be spayed/neutered before they leave the CSPCA, dogs must be on a leash and cats in a carrier.
For more information about adoptions, please contact us!