Upcoming Rabies Clinics
The following Chenango County rabies vaccination clinics are open to dog, cat, and ferret owners.
Please note: Pre-registration is required.
You can register by clicking here.
Wednesday, June 7 – Preston Town Garage – 5:30 – 6:30pm
Tuesday, June 20 – Coventry Town Garage – 5:30 – 6:30pm
Thursday, July 6 – Bainbridge Town Garage – 5:30-7:00 pm
Saturday, July 15 – Oxford High School Bus Garage – 9:00 – 10:30am
Wednesday, July 26 – Lincklaen Town Garage – 5:30 – 6:30pm
Saturday, August 12 – S. Otselic Town Garage – 9-10:30am
Tuesday, August 22 – Smyrna Baillie Lumber – 5:30 – 7:00pm
Saturday, September 9 – Greene Ball Flats – 9– 10:30am
Saturday, September 23 – Norwich Fair grounds – 9-10:30am
Saturday, October 14 – Sherburne Bus Garage 9 – 10:30am
Wednesday, November 8 – N. Norwich Town Garage – 5 – 6:30pm
Saturday, December 9 – So New Berlin Fire Station – 9-10:30am
New York State Public Health Rabies Law requires all dogs, cats, and domesticated ferrets to receive immunization against rabies no later than four months of age.
When attending a rabies clinic, pets must be under control. Dogs must be on a leash. Cats and ferrets must be contained in a box, crate, pillowcase, or other container. Animals vaccinated for the first time must be re-vaccinated the following year. Please bring previous vaccination records to qualify your pet for 3-year certificate.
Please read the following information:
- Pets must be pre-registered for the clinic. If you have difficulty registering for the clinic, please call the Chenango County Environmental Health offices at (607) 337-1673 for assistance.
- The clinic will be drive-through for checking in, but the animals will need to be removed from the vehicle to receive the vaccination.
- Please limit passengers to only those necessary to control the animal(s) (children should be left at home if possible).
- Please bring proof of previous vaccinations with you to the clinic.
- A $5 donation per animal is suggested.
If you have any questions, please contact the Chenango County Department of Public Health, Environmental Division at (607) 337-1673 or visit the website.